Do you know anything about Keno? If you have absolutely no idea what is Keno game, we will introduce you the basic concepts and expand your general knowledge regarding the game.
Play Keno online and you may not realize it has an ancient Chinese heritage. There is evidence that a game similar to Keno was played in China as early as 200 BC. Keno came to the west when Chinese immigrants traveled to America to build the railway in the 1800's. Keno was played with 120 Chinese characters and later evolved in to the contemporary Keno of 80 easy to read numbers. The game of Keno has maintained popularity because it is quick and simple to play.
How do I play Keno?
Keno is essentially a lottery game. A Keno player chooses his numbers and hopes they come up. Each Keno ticket is numbered from 1 to 80; these numbers correspond to the pool of numbers from which 20 numbers are randomly drawn for each game of Keno. To play Keno simply select up to 15 numbers and choose the amount you want to wager. When the game begins compare your selection with the numbers drawn. Your winning will depend on how many numbers you matched and the amount of money you wagered.
What makes Keno Fun
Keno is fun because it is easy to play. You decide how many numbers you want to play, and the amount of your wager! You can win in a variety of ways by matching some, all or in some cases none of the numbers you have chosen. Keno gives you the chance to win up to $100,000 per drawing. Best of all, Keno is played at your convenience - so there is always a new game coming up!
- The computer uses different algorithms to randomly pick numbers. Play your numbers in patterns instead of spreading them out all over.
- In playing Keno remember the payouts and try to keep your winnings below what you have to pay taxes on. Usually play 9 numbers for a max payout of 2500 on a quarter bet but try to get 8 out of 9 for a payout of 1175. Then you take your money home and do not have to worry about old Uncle Sam.
- Keep your numbers the same regardless of what you pick until you hit large on them. You will always come out ahead at least once. When you are, even if it is only by 1 dollar, cash out and do it again!
- Try playing the top 2 lines. Play 1,2,5,10,11 and 2 others of choice. Vary your choices and you will hit at least 5/7 and probably 7/7 within an hour.
- Just because a number has not come up in a draw, does not mean that it is more likely to come up in the next. No particular number is more probable to come up than another; they are all in the same container and thus, have the same odds of being drawn.
- There is no certain combination of numbers that is more likely to win. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 is just as likely to come up as 6, 39, 24, 80, 44. The first combination is just as unique as the second even though the first seems to be more special because the numbers are in sequence we are used to.
- When playing online or video keno, get a feel of the game first. It is virtually impossible to simulate true randomness electronically. Because the computer uses different algorithms to imitate a random draw, playing your numbers in patterns instead of spreading them out all over can sometimes work to your advantage.
Keno is such a popular and exiting pastime because it offers the possibility of winning spectacular payouts on relatively small wagers.